'Ease Your Mind' is a restorative formula crafted for those of us experiencing the stress of the times in our bodies. It is made with the intention of giving our emotional body and our central nervous system a bit of relief, rest, and support. I made this blend to support the 'Support' during this pandemic. It is for all of those folks who are taking care of people and taking care of business. This blend is for those of us feeling like our nerves are working over time, maybe even feeling a bit frayed, and our brains are experiencing information overload. It is meant to alleviate symptoms like tension in our neck and shoulders, an unsettled belly, and an over-active mind that may keep us up at night when we are trying to get much needed rest. The blend includes herbs/fungi with multiple actions including immune support and anti-viral actions, so it will help keep our bodies healthy and lower our levels of stress. It is going to be most effective if taken every day as a tonic to support the nervous system, rather than just every once in a while as an acute stressor occurs, however it can be used for acute stress relief as well.
The blend is made of herbal extracts in alcohol, also known as tinctures, and an herb extract in vegetable glycerine, also known as glycerites. This formula comes in a 1oz or 2oz brown glass bottle with dropper or a 5 oz refill size clear glass bottle with cap. The larger bottle is recommended if more than one person per household want to take a dialy nervine tonic or for one person to stock up on a 2 month supply of herbs rather than re-ordering again in 2 weeks.
- Reishi Tincture: (Ganoderma tsugae) Reishi, also known as "The Divine or Spirit Mushroom" is a medicinal mushroom that has a long historical use. It is restorative to our nervous system and can help with stress reduction and getting better sleep. Herbalist and Acupuncturist, Dr. Christopher Hobbs is calling reishi one of the stars for treating COVID 19 due to it's numerous actions. Some of the main actions include; anti-viral, anti-bacterial, analgesic, anti-inflammaroty, cardiotonic, immunostimulating (including enhancing bone marrow nucleated cell proliferation, white blood cell production and Interleukin 1 and 2 production-those are the messenger cells that alert the body that it needs more resources to fight infection), anti-tussive, and can help specifically treat viruses in the respiratory tract.
Production Notes: These mushrooms were harvested off of old growth Hemlock trees in a particularly abundant year for mushrooms (2018) in Washington State. We used a double extraction method, which means we decocted half of the medicine (simmered for 3 hours) and tinctured the other half and mixed them together. This process allows for more constituents to make it in to the final product.
- Skullcap Tincture: (Skutelaria lateriflora) This is the North American or Blue Skullcap variety made with the flowering tops. Skutelaria lateriflora is an excellent skeletal muscle relaxant, stress and tension relieving herb with anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. It is a favorite herb for AC, the herbalist/maker to use while driving on her traveling adventures to help loosten the stiff muscles of the neck, shoulders, and arms from gripping the steering wheel. It is also useful for dispelling some excess mind activity. It is an herb that can have calming effects similar to chamomile or valarian, with a lot less of the drousy feeling, so you can take the tincture throughout the day and still be alert.
Production Notes: This is NOT to be confused with Baikal or Chinese Skullcap (Skutellaria biacalensis) Root that herbalists are using currently for COVID 19 patients during the late stage of infection for lung support. This tincture of skutelaria lateriflora was made from the home-grown in NY flowering tops, blended fresh in 60% ethyl alcohol and 40% water in 2019. If I had used the whole plant, including the root, it would have more respiratory effects in the way the Baikal variety has.
- Blue Vervain Tinture: (Verbena hastada) This is herbalist, AC's favorite herb for the type of mind chatter that keeps you up at night with lists of things to do, or thinking of that thing you could have said. It is an excellent herb for promoting emotional well-being, especially when used over time. Blue vervain has an effect of helping to heal and soften the feeling of your nerves being frayed and your mind being scattered offering more focus. It is often seen used in magical circles as a plant that offers protection and also a deeper access to worlds un-seen.
Production Notes: These blue vervain flowering tops came from the wild, wetlands at Weathertop Farm, in Central NY and was tinctured fresh at 80% alcochol and 20% water.
- Tulsi Glycerite: (Ocimum tenuiflorum) Tulsi, also known as "Holy Basil" is a delicious, aromatic herb with properties known to reduce stress, increase mood and promote an overall sense of well-being. It has also been used in conjunction with other herbs for treating respiratory ailments like coughs, colds, and asthma.
Production Notes: This glycerite was made with fresh, homegrown in NY tulsi flowering tops in 60% vegetable glycerine and 40% water. Glycerine is a sweet, viscous material that herbalists use to draw out the constituents of aromatic herbs similarly to how we use alcohol, water, or honey. Glycerine has a low glycemic index despite being so sweet.
- Lemonbalm Tincture: (Melissa officinales) Oh sweet, sweet Melissa! Lemonbalm also known as Melissa, is one of the most gentle (no side effects), delicious (citrusy flavor), and effective herbs in the medicinal herb garden. It is an excellent nervine, helping to ease the discomfort of our nervous system right down to those tiny nerves in our digestive tract that can easily be upset by emotional triggers, the environment, or the foods we eat. It can relieve gas and bloating, and promote an appetite. It can help boost your nervous system and cognitive function. It can be helpful in calming anxiety and promoting restful sleep. Lemonbalm also has anti-viral properties, making it an excellent choice for a daily tonic. AC loves it as a tea as well as a tincture or glycerite.
Production Notes: This tincture was made in 2019 with fresh lemonbalm leaves and stem from Weathertop Farm in Central NY and infused in 60% ethyl alcohol and 40% water.
A reminder: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
'Ease Your Mind' Formula
Reishi Double Extraction Tincture, Blue Vervain Tincture, Skullcap Tincture, Tulsi Glycerite, and Lemonbalm Tincture.
Contains alcohol and vegetable glycerine.